Report Counterfeit Currency


If you suspect you have received a counterfeit note, contact your local police department or nearest U.S. Secret Service field office.

Financial Institutions & Businesses Only

Beginning on January 1, 2019, financial institutions and businesses located in Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, or Wyoming should send their counterfeit notes and hardcopy Counterfeit Note Reports (SSF 1604) to the following address:

CCPF – 541A
301 14th Street, SW
Washington, DC

Financial institutions and businesses not located in the above states should continue sending suspected counterfeits with hardcopy Counterfeit Note Reports to their nearest U.S. Secret Service field office. Hardcopy Counterfeit Note Report forms are available at

To expedite the process, all financial institutions and businesses can elect to report suspected counterfeit notes to the U.S. Secret Service through After creating an account, users of the USDollars website can submit multiple counterfeits in a single submission, track the status of their submissions, and access their submission history.